Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Darian Elijah Pillay

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Cade Israel Pillay

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 13, 2015

Our 7th Wedding Anniversary Weekend

So this past Sunday we marked our 7th Wedding Anniversary.

It's hard to believe that it's been 7 years since we said I do but alas, it is. 7 years and almost 2 boys later, I couldn't be happier, nor could I ask for a better life. This year also marks the 12th year Cameron & I have been together, that's even harder to believe. Where has that 19 year old gone! LOL! I've been super blessed to have Cameron as my partner in life. He is definitely my rock, someone I can lean on and depend on wholeheartedly. We have been through the best & worst of times and have come out stronger and more resilient. Happier and more in love.

I remember when we first starting dating and we heard the song by Daniel Bedingfield, "If you're not the one" and after we heard that we looked at each other and knew that this would be "our" song. Yesterday I listened to it after a very long time and remembered what it was like to fall in love with this awesome man. And it took me back to those first few years and ultimately rekindled that love I have for my husband. It's really been a roller-coaster of a ride, this relationship of ours. We've come up against a lot of people who have been against us being together, we've endured pain & loss, we've overcame the hurt that people have caused us and all it's done is make us stronger and more committed to each other. With one gorgeous little boy and another on the way, I can only imagine what awesomeness this life has in store for us and I look forward to the lifetime we will share together.

After the debacle of an anniversary we had last year, this year we had to mark the occasion with happiness. So, even though we couldn't find a babysitter on Saturday night, we went out for dinner at Toby's Restaurant in Titirangi with our little boy who was surprisingly very well behaved. And on Sunday, our actual Anniversary, we spent the afternoon with friends, celebrating their recent nuptials. After of course, heading to KMart to stock up on Darian's winter wardrobe.

It was a really good, relaxing weekend and I'm glad we got to spend it together and with our friends.

A collage of the last 7 years. From engagement, wedding, pregnancy, life in Auckland and of course holidays to Australia and South Africa.


Family Selfie before dinner on Saturday night


7 years together, couldn't ask for a better partner in life. I love you honey!


Here's to the next 7 years!

1 comment:

V-n-J said...

happy happy anniversary to an amazing couple! love you guys :)