Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Darian Elijah Pillay

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Cade Israel Pillay

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, July 27, 2015

The first few weeks

The first few weeks with our little boy has been a mixture of emotions. He is a delightful little boy and is growing way too fast for my liking. It reminds me of how fast time goes and when I look at Darian I realise just how much happens in the first few years of life. It makes me mourn the time of when Darian was a baby realising just how fast time flies.

Cade has been growing in leaps and bounds. Where it is expected to lose weight in the first few weeks of an infants life, our little boy has just been packing on the pounds. In his first week he put on  60g, his second 420g and in his third, 460g. He is now 4.120kg's. Renee is very happy with his progress and quite impressed by him. He is being exclusively  breastfed and I'm hoping to continue for as long as I can. I go back to work in January so I'm hoping that I can continue until then. This week will be the last time we see Renne as she transfers our care to Plunket this week. It's been such a pleasure working with her and I'll miss her pleasant, friendly and smiling face and gentle demeanour. Again, I didn't take any pics with her and Cade, just as we never got any photos of Darian and Debbie but I'm hoping to pop in to see her before Christmas and we can get some then. We haven't managed to get Cade into a proper routine yet, he still feeds on demand so his sleeping patterns are in between an hour or two in between feeds. But he sleeps for about 4-5 hours from about 7pm and then wakes up periodically til about 7am.im quite happy with our little man, he's becoming quite the little showman. He loves "talking" to us and is starting to recognise our faces. He knows his brothers voice and stops whatever he's doing to look for Darian. He isn't a very crying baby and mostly shows he's upset when he's hungry. And the way he drinks, he's hardly ever hungry.

10 days old

2 weeks old



Loving my time with my boys! Life just got that much sweeter.

Darian is still having issues with his ears, he's on flixanase for his nose. The allergy tests came back normal, well, he has no allergies, thank the Lord! So our doctor is just ensuring that the swelling goes down and that he is able to breathe easier. He still breathes quite heavily at night but we're hoping the flixanase does what it's intended to do. It's a work in progress. 

Life is full of joy and laughs, sleepless nights and dirty nappies but we couldn't be happier with our little boys and our family. Thank you Lord for your blessings.





No comments: